- Michele LeVoyDIRECTOR
- Leads PICUM’s strategic work towards a wide range of external actors
- Represents PICUM at European and global levels
- Manages PICUM’s Secretariat and works with board to ensure good governance
Michele LeVoy joined PICUM in 2002 and became Director in 2006. She serves on several boards and advisory committees, including Social Platform; Global Coalition of Migration; Civil Society Days of the Global Forum on Migration and Development; and the Women in Migration Network. She holds a Bachelor degree in French and Justice and Peace Studies and a Master in Applied Sciences (Housing and Development Program).
Languages: English, French, Portuguese, Spanish as well as some Dutch and Italian
- Eve GeddieDEPUTY DIRECTOR
- Works with the Director to implement PICUM’s vision, strategy, and methods of work.
- Leads PICUM’s work on the social inclusion of undocumented migrants.
- Provides support to PICUM’s communications, membership coordination and thematic work.
Eve Geddie joined PICUM in 2007. She previously worked on women’s rights and regularisation campaigns in Ireland. Eve studied English, Media and Cultural Studies and has a Master Degree in Human Rights and Democratisation.
Languages: English, French
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, +32 (0)2 210 1784
- Paul GeeraertsFINANCIAL DIRECTOR
- Finance and administration
- Human Resources
Paul Geeraerts joined PICUM in 2010. He previously worked in finance and administration for Avocats sans Frontières, the Planned Parenthood Federation and Warner-Lambert. He holds a degree in accounting and fiscal law.
Languages: Dutch, French and English
- Lilana KeithADVOCACY OFFICER – Labour Rights and Children
- Labour rights and labour migration
- Undocumented children and families
Lilana joined PICUM in 2011. She has been involved in work to advance migrants’ rights since 2009, including through community development and funding. She has an academic background in international and European migration law and policy and anthropology.
Languages: English, French
Contact: email@example.com, +32 (0)2 210.17.84
- Kadri SoovaADVOCACY OFFICER – Migration Policy
- Rights in the context of immigration enforcement: border control, apprehension, detention, deportation
Kadri Soova joined PICUM in 2009. She previously worked as an Adviser on social rights for the Chancellor of Justice of Estonia and as consultant for SOS Children’s Villages in Estonia. Kadri studied Law and has a Master Degree in Human Rights and Democratisation.
Languages: Estonian, English, Italian, Dutch as well as some Finnish, Russian and French.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, +32 (0)2 210.17.86
- Alyna C. SmithADVOCACY OFFICER - Health, Legal Strategies and Women
Alyna is responsible for PICUM’s work in the following areas:
- Access to health care
- Access to justice
- Legal strategies for advancing rights
Alyna Smith joined PICUM in 2015. She is a licensed lawyer and has previously worked on matters related to migration. Alyna has an academic background in international law, bioethics, and the life sciences.
Languages: English, French, Spanish
Contact: email@example.com, +32 (0)2 210 1787
- Elisabeth Schmidt-HieberCOMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
- Management and development of PICUM’s communications
- Oversees PICUM’s intern and traineeship programmes
Elisabeth Schmidt-Hieber joined PICUM in 2013. She previously worked in communications for a public relations consultancy and a disability rights NGO, and volunteers to support undocumented migrants. She studied journalism, American studies and sociology.
Languages: German, English, Portuguese, Spanish and French
- Davide ManciniMULTIMEDIA OFFICER
- Digital storytelling and Social Media Strategy
- Increase PICUM’s impact and engagement
Davide is PICUM’s staff member since 2018. He previously worked in journalism, digital innovation and communication related to humanitarian organizations. He holds a European MA in War and Conflict Journalism (Mundus Journalism), where he focused on media coverage of undocumented migrants, a BA in Communication Sciences, and a fellowship from City University of New York on Journalism Innovation.
Languages: Italian, English, Spanish, Portuguese
- Giacomo MancaPOLICY OFFICER – EU Funding for Inclusion
- Assessing EU funding for inclusion of refugees and migrants.
Giacomo Manca joined PICUM and ECRE in 2018, to work on migrants social inclusion through EU funding in a joint project with ECRE (the European Council of Refugees and Exiles). He previously worked in other NGOs as European Affairs Officer at the Salvation Army, Social Platform and Eurodiaconia. He has an academic background in International Relations and EU Affairs.
Languages: Italian, French, English, Polish.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, +32 2 212 08 16
- Irene SubiriOFFICE MANAGER
- Administrative support including membership procedures
- Event organisation
Irene Subiri joined PICUM in July 2018. She previously worked in administration, projects and events management and also volunteered in marketing for some NGOs in Asia. Irene Subiri studied Business and Touristic Companies Management as well as Events Management.
Languages: Spanish and English
- Pablo Gomez-EscolarADVOCACY TRAINEE
- Support of advocacy work including research on specific issues
- Support with event organisation
Pablo joined PICUM in September 2018 for a six-month period. He previously worked inthe areas of refugee law, children’s rights and social protection of irregular migrants at EU level. He studied law and holds a European Master’s Degree in Human Rights and Democratisation.
Languages: Spanish, Catalan, English and some French.
- Bettina GuiguiCOMMUNICATIONS TRAINEE
- Support with executing PICUM’s communications strategy
- Support with event organisation
Bettina joined PICUM’s traineeship program in September 2018. She previously worked in communications for cultural and media organizations. Bettina has an academic background in Social Sciences, Media and Communication.
Languages: French, English as well as some Spanish and Portuguese.