PICUM has no vacancies available at this time.
For volunteer opportunities, click here.
PICUM currently has two open positions:
PICUM offers two traineeship programmes: a Policy and Advocacy Traineeship and a Communications Traineeship.
Trainees provide crucial support to help PICUM realise its objectives throughout the year. Trainees work full time in PICUM’s secretariat in Brussels. The work experience will provide an opportunity to gain hands-on experience with the different facets of operating a transnational NGO network, and promoting social and policy change in the area of human rights for undocumented migrants and through strategic communications respectively.
The traineeship programmes are under the Belgian ‘Convention d’immersion professionnelle’. Trainees are required to have a university degree as well as there are sometimes specific language requirements in addition to fluent English.
Length: 6 months
Remuneration: € 796.91 per month + meal vouchers and local transport
The traineeships are advertised twice per year on PICUM’s website (around June/July to start the 6-month traineeship in September and around December/January to start the 6-month traineeship in March). PICUM cannot accept traineeship applications outside the periods when they are advertised. Please also note that due to the large number of applications we receive, PICUM can only get back to shortlisted candidates.
General Tasks of Policy and Advocacy Trainees (tasks may vary and are outlined in the specific vacancy note):
- Support the PICUM staff with general administrative tasks, including contact and database management and information requests.
- Assist with organising and following up on PICUM internal and external events, including PICUM’s member groups and liaising with PICUM members.
- Assist in producing content for PICUM’s newsletters, blogs, social media items.
- Assist PICUM’s Advocacy Officers with background research, contact management, drafting of papers and other written materials, attend and reports on events in Brussels.
- Follow relevant EU policy agendas and deepen your expertise in at least two of PICUM’s strategic areas of work.
- Translate texts from English into other languages (depending on language skills).
- Work flexibly alongside other members of the PICUM team to take on reasonable tasks as appropriate over and above those set out above.
Please note that this is a general description and not a vacancy announcement. PICUM can only accept applications if a vacancy is open.
General Tasks of Communications Trainees (tasks may vary and are outlined in the specific vacancy note):
- Support the drafting of the weekly social media calendar including through monitoring relevant news
- Assist with the production of PICUM’s newsletters
- Support communications with members and partners including through webinars, blogs, information sharing and the dissemination of statements
- Support media relations through updating and building targeted media lists
- Support the production of written and audio-visual outputs (e.g. Adobe Creative Cloud)
- Assist with organising PICUM internal and external events, including PICUM’s group sessions with members
- Translate texts (depending on language skills) and coordinate translation and other support through volunteers
- Support database and contact management and handle information requests.
- Update website content and help maintain the website
- Working flexibly alongside other members of the PICUM team to take on reasonable tasks as appropriate over and above those set above.
Please note that this is a general description and not a vacancy announcement. PICUM can only accept applications if a vacancy is open. PICUM won’t have a communications traineeship vacancy until at least May/June 2019.
For Universities Interested in Partnerships:
PICUM has no possibilities to engage in additional ongoing partnerships with universities for internships. However, if you teach or coordinate internships at a university offering relevant programmes such as migration studies, European studies, law, human rights etc., we invite you to share the traineeship programme information with your students.