Please note that we are unable to respond individually to spontaneous applications for internships and jobs due to the high volume of spontaneous applications we receive. We can therefore only respond to shortlisted candidates.
Vacancy for Traineeship. Read the full description here.
Traineeship and Internship Programmes
Trainees and interns provide crucial support to help PICUM realise its objectives throughout the year. Trainees and interns work full time in PICUM’s secretariat in Brussels. The work experience will provide an opportunity to gain hands-on experience with the different facets of operating a transnational NGO network, and promoting social and policy change in the area of human rights for undocumented migrants.
PICUM offers a traineeship programme under the Belgian ‘Convention d'immersion professionnelle’.
Length: 6 months
Remuneration: € 751 per month + meal vouchers
Traineeship periods are from March to August and from September to February each year. Interested candidates are invited to apply only when traineeship vacancies are published on PICUM's website. The next traineeship starts in September 2017 and will be advertised on PICUM's website around June/July.
Due to language needs in our small team, we would stress that we might have to select candidates with native or bilingual proficiency of certain languages and regret that we are then unable to consider applicants who do not meet this requirement.
Externally Funded Internship
PICUM also regularly offers internship placements to candidates who have funding for an internship through external programmes such as Erasmus+, Leonardo, foundation scholarships or have to do mandatory internships as part of their studies with formal agreements with the university.
Length: Between 3-6 months
If the above criteria apply to you, please send your CV and motivation letter at any time to: elisabeth.schmidt-hieber(at)picum.org stating clearly the dates when you wish to do an internship.
Note that there are no free places until the end of the year 2017.
PICUM has no possibilities to engage in additional university partnerships for internships. However, if you teach or coordinate internships at a university offering relevant programmes such as migration studies, European studies, law, human rights etc., we invite you to share this internship information with your students.
General Tasks of Trainees and Interns:
- Support the PICUM staff with general administrative tasks including liaising with PICUM members and volunteers
- Help organise PICUM’s events including working group meetings
- Assist the Communications Officer in the production of PICUM’s newsletters, uploading newsletters to the website content and management of other communications work
- Assist the PICUM’s Advocacy Officers with background research, contact management, drafting of papers and other written materials; attend and report on events in Brussels
- Database: regularly update the list of contacts and manage requests
- Update PICUM’s library and e-library by classifying and entering into the database various printed and electronic materials on undocumented migrants.
- Translations (depending on language skills)
Contact: Elisabeth Schmidt-Hieber at: elisabeth.schmidt-hieber(at)picum.org