VACANCY: Office Manager
PICUM exists because all human beings should be treated equally and with dignity, irrespective of their migration status.
Founded as an initiative of frontline organisations and professionals to mobilise support for undocumented migrants at the European and International level, PICUM promotes recognition of their fundamental rights within the development of policies that affect them. Representing a large network of civil society and professional actors, PICUM seeks to guarantee dignity, equality and non-discrimination for undocumented migrants by increasing awareness and realisation of their rights.
PICUM is seeking a qualified Office Manager for its office in Brussels, Belgium. This is a key post in the organisation, responsible for the smooth day-to-day running of the office, and providing professional, efficient administration to support our nine-person team, Executive Committee and broader membership. The Office Manager will report to, and work closely alongside, PICUM’s Financial Director and Deputy Director.
We are looking for a motivated individual with a proven track record in managing a busy office. To thrive in this role, you will need to work independently, communicate well and be well organised. The overall objective of the position is to ensure an effective, secure and productive working environment.
- Day-to-day office management, answering phones, filing documentation and third party contracts, agreements, records management etc.;
- Liaison and support for daily maintenance of office facilities;
- Organise the office layout and order stationery and equipment, maintain the office condition and arrange necessary repairs;
- Organise office operations and procedures, develop and update office manual, and maintain policies as necessary.
- Assist with recruitment and induction of staff and interns;
- Work to ensure the effective use of human resources policies and procedures, as appropriate;
- Willingness to take on ad-hoc support tasks to support the office team members as appropriate;
- Responsible for daily communications including maintenance of calendar, meeting requests and set up, correspondence and phone communication for PICUM Director;
- Make detailed travel arrangements for the Director - as well as other staff and members as necessary - to include arranging itineraries, visas, accommodation, cash advances, submitting expenses, and other arrangements;
- Draft documents (letters, updates), perform editing and formatting, and other administrative tasks as required (document printing, scanning, etc.);
- Develop and maintain paper and electronic filing and information systems, and provide archiving support to the team in line with funders’ requirements (document scanning, physical archiving, inventory etc.);
- Maintain PICUM’s contact database, and coordinate dissemination of publications and other outputs to the PICUM network;
- Work closely with the Financial Director, providing ongoing administrative support related to budgeting, finances, online payments and transactions, as well as serving as a secondary support for PICUM’s accounting system.
- Archive and follow up administrative documents (budget, estimates, invoices, consent forms), maintain and organise up-to-date archiving (hard copy, electronic), managing signatures of documents, etc;
- Support evaluation, monitoring, and reporting to funders, with responsibility for consolidating and submitting necessary documentation, and quantitative information, together with the Deputy Director;
- Occasionally scan and/or file a significant number of documents (once or twice a year);
Meetings and Events:
- Organise and administer internal meetings (Board, Management Committee and weekly staff meetings) including the timely distribution of agenda and supporting documentation, taking minutes and monitoring the fulfilment of all action points;
- Responsible for managing the logistics of external events (meeting room booking and preparation, catering, technical settings, preparation and distribution of documents, booking travel and accommodation, other general assistance), and coordinating with staff and members for the logistical organisation;
- Ensuring sound internal communication by overseeing team calendar;
- Assist in preparing, formatting, editing and circulating background documentation and agendas;
- Organise the agendas and take minutes for other meetings as requested;
- Communicate event related information and follow up as necessary via google groups, social media, and on website.
Membership and Network
- Administration of PICUM’s membership procedures and rules; oversee applications, resignations and suspensions; manage membership database; and report to board and general assembly;
- Respond to general inquiries and other correspondence with PICUM members and contact network;
- Serve as main liaison between members and the Secretariat;
- Support member-related website management including updates, back-office and database.
Skills and qualifications:
- Qualification in administration or at least 4-5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Proactive, efficient and motivated team player who is flexible, and able to prioritise workload
- Outstanding organisational skills with the ability to work independently in a dynamic international environment
- Self-motivated, responsible and committed, possessing maturity, patience and understanding
- Experience with budgets and budget management
- Languages: Fluency in English, with working level knowledge of French
- Advanced MS Office skills (especially Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to summarise information and produce accurate, well-written minutes and reports
- Committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities for undocumented migrants
- Office management experience
- Experience working with EU funds
- Experience with accounting software (Winbooks or others)
- Experience of working or volunteering in the non-profit sector
- Working knowledge of other European languages
What PICUM can offer
- Full time position (37.5 hours/week) with an unlimited term contract.
- Salary according to the wage scales of the Flemish non-profit sector (PC 329 barema B1a), approximately € 2,800 gross per month (based on 4 years’ experience).
- Conditions are according to Belgian legislation including the legal ability to live and work in Belgium.
- Meal vouchers, hospitalisation insurance, and thirteenth month also provided.
- Weekly fresh bio fruit basket for the whole team
How to apply
- Interested persons should apply by 12:00 p.m. CET (Central European Time) on Friday, 23 June 2017
Interviews will take place in Brussels on Thursday, 6th July 2017
- Starting date: Monday 11 September 2017
- Completing the online application form by clicking the link.