- Leads PICUM’s strategic work towards a wide range of external actors
- Represents PICUM at European and global levels
- Manages PICUM’s Secretariat and works with board to ensure good governance
Michele LeVoy joined PICUM in 2002 and became Director in 2006. She serves on several boards and advisory committees on the European and global levels, including Social Platform; Global Coalition of Migration; Civil Society Days of the Global Forum on Migration and Development; and the Women and Global Migration Working Group. Previously, she worked at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Pax Christi International, and worked with refugees and migrants in the USA and in Brazil. She holds a Bachelor degree in French and Justice and Peace Studies and a Master in Applied Sciences (Housing and Development Program).
Languages: English, French, Portuguese, Spanish as well as some Dutch and Italian
- Works with the Director to implement PICUM’s vision, strategy, and methods of work
- Leads PICUM’s fundraising strategy, and ensuring internal planning and evaluation
- Provides support to PICUM’s communications, membership coordination and thematic work
- Leads PICUM's work on social inclusion, housing and homelessness
Eve Geddie joined PICUM in 2007. She previously worked on women’s rights and regularisation campaigns in Ireland. Eve studied English, Media and Cultural Studies and has a Master Degree in Human Rights and Democratisation.
Languages: English, French
+32 (0)2 210 1784
- Finance and administration
- Human Resources
Paul Geeraerts joined PICUM in 2010. He previously worked in finance and administration for Avocats sans Frontières, the Planned Parenthood Federation and Warner-Lambert. He holds a degree in accounting and fiscal law.
Languages: Dutch, French and English
+32 (0)2 210 1783
ADVOCACY OFFICER – Labour Rights and Children's Rights
- Labour rights and labour migration
- Undocumented children, young people and families
Lilana joined PICUM in 2011. She has been involved in work to advance migrants’ rights since 2009, including through community development and funding. She has an academic background in international and European migration law and policy and anthropology.
Languages: English, French
+32 (0)2 210.17.84
ADVOCACY OFFICER – Migration Policy
- Leads PICUM's overall response to EU migration policy developments, in particular immigration enforcement: border control, apprehension, detention, deportation
Kadri Soova joined PICUM in 2009. She previously worked as an Adviser on social rights for the Chancellor of Justice of Estonia and as consultant for SOS Children’s Villages in Estonia. Kadri studied Law and has a Master Degree in Human Rights and Democratisation.
Languages: Estonian, English, Italian, Dutch as well as some Finnish, Russian and French
+32 (0)2 210.17.86
Alyna C. Smith
ADVOCACY OFFICER - Health, Legal Strategies and Women
- Access to health care
- Access to justice
- Legal strategies for advancing rights
Alyna Smith joined PICUM in 2015. She is a licensed lawyer and has previously worked on matters related to migration. Alyna has an academic background in international law, bioethics, and life sciences.
Languages: English, French and Spanish
+32 (0)2 210 1787
- Management and development of PICUM’s communications
- Oversees PICUM’s intern and traineeship programmes
Elisabeth Schmidt-Hieber joined PICUM in 2013. She previously worked in communications for a public relations consultancy and a disability rights NGO, and volunteers to support undocumented migrants. She studied journalism, American studies and sociology.
Languages: German, English, Spanish, Portuguese and French
MEMBERSHIP & EVENTS COORDINATOR
- Administrative support and organisation of PICUM internal and external events
- Management and development of PICUM’s membership
Miriam Abdullahi joined PICUM in May 2016. She has previously worked in the area of venture philanthropy and social impact investment for EVPA. She holds a Bachelor degree in International Relations and a MA in Economics & International Management.
Languages: Italian, English, Spanish and some French.
+32 (0) 2 210.17.80